A few things I’ve learned this week:
- Rewriting a novel on the strength of allergy medication and melatonin does not produce good prose
- While many sounds in Spanish seem the same, they are not. Almost every sound is different.
- You can delude yourself for months or even years and then, with nothing more than an hour’s reflection, completely change your mind
- If you hate running or working out, do as little as possible, but you should still do it. Hating it is just a symptom of over-training. If you work only as much as you like, you’ll keep doing it. It’s long-term adaptation that matters not your routine or your ego.
- Reach out to people you think wouldn’t care for you reaching out. Not even old friends, just people. They’ll be friendlier than you think.